Property Q&A in Atlanta>Question Details

Melissa List, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I need an agent that is familiar with Downtown ATL and is comfortable helping me purchase a forclosure.

Asked by Melissa List, Atlanta, GA Thu Dec 29, 2011

I need a real estate agent to check out this property for me and possibly help me submit an offer/bid on it.

I have been getting the cold shoulder from a few agents when I ask for more info on this property. What gives?

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:



This property is listed by my broker, and is owned by a bank. The purchase of this property MAY be easier than purchasing a short-sale, as the price has been agreed to by the bank. It could rise if multiple bidders submit offers. Please give a call if you want more info, or to take a look. Thanks!



1189 S. Ponce de Leon Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30306
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
If you are interested in purchasing a foreclosure, I highly recommend that you consult with a real estate professional who is knowledgeable on this subject. Purchasing a foreclosure can be a very complicated and frustrating process and a good real estate professional who specializes in these types of transactions will make the process much more manageable.

If you considering purchasing a foreclosure (also known as “REO” properties), know that HUD, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac own the majority of the foreclosures in the U.S. If you would like to view the homes that are currently available through these entities ON A MAP, you can see the inventory here:

This website, called the REO Portal, contains all REO properties publicly marketed through Fannie Mae’s, Freddie Mac’s and FHA’s websites and the data is updated on a weekly basis

It is important to know that the real estate professionals associated with these properties are “listing agents” and are there to represent the seller. You should seek out the help of a “selling” or “buyer’s” agent who can help you negotiate the terms of a purchase contract if you wish to place an offer on one of these homes. Know that if you want to place an offer on a HUD foreclosure you HAVE to have a “registered” real estate professional submit the offer on your behalf.

Many of these homes would benefit from a Renovation Loan like the FHA 203(k) program. This mortgage program allows the buyer to purchase a home with FHA financing and then have the home renovated after closing. You can view more information on Renovation Loans here:

Best of luck to you during your home search!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
Hello Melissa and Happy New Year to you. If you have not yet found an agent to help you with your purchase please consider me. I will represent you and protect your interest in the purchase of your home. Best Wishes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
Don,t focus just on foreclosures, focus on a home that works and deal with the situation as it develops. If you are in the foreclosure only mode, consider the unseen isses - and there may be many in addition to area/value concerns - I'm a foreclosure appraiser and I posted a few - not all - of the more interesting videos I've shot -

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
Hello Andre I would love to assist in anyway that I can. I deal with Foreclosure a lot that is the market we are in currently. I am a CDPE and I can steer you in the right direction. You also need someone that can guide you through the REO process. So give me a call and we can discuss it. You can also check out my website for more insite on what I can offer. I look forward to working with you.

Tye Jones
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 29, 2011

Thanks for contacting us through Trulia!

I do a lot of REO work in the VA Highland, Midtown, and Buckhead areas. If you'd like to chat some properties in these markets, I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

As far as 560 Marietta Street, I'm not sure why agents are giving you a cold shoulder, but I'd be happy to give you information on this property. The crime rates on this particular stretch are not very desirable, so that may have some influence on agents being apprehensive to show it.

Just shoot me an email or give me a ring tomorrow morning.


Michael J. Fischer
14 West Realtors
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 29, 2011
My name is Andre' Sims with RE/MAX, I can assist with intown foreclosures. Call me in the morning @ 404-317-4804.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 29, 2011
You will get dozens of replies over the next few days, and all are eager and most likely capable agents that you can work with. I would pick a few, talk with them, and see who you are comfortable working closely with.

I have been in the business since 1999, and am patient and eager to work with the foreclosure process. I can send you some references as well. My office is in Downtown Atlanta, right in Inman Park.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Dec 29, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer