Property Q&A in Fresno>Question Details

Greg Thompson, Other/Just Looking in Lawrence, KS

I'm looking for a few referrals for good remodeling contractors and rental maintenance contractors in the Fresno area. Any suggestions?

Asked by Greg Thompson, Lawrence, KS Wed Jun 22, 2011

I need a few individuals or a good general maintenance contractor who can repair and prep a couple of homes in the Fresno area for rental for one of my family members. The homes were trashed by past tenants and need paint, some drywall, floor, ceiling, kitchen and bath repair (possibly some minor framing work and plumbing). It's important that we find someone who is can do the restoration to a condition and quality that is acceptable for rental properties, as this will not be a 'high end' remodel job but we still want quality work. It would be nice to start a relationship with someone we can rely on in the future to return to maintain the properties in the long run. Any and all suggestions on quality contractors you have a history with and you are willing to vouch for their quality and honesty would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

6
I highly recommend Bob Good with Fix It Good. He's very honest, reliable and on time. He can be reached at 559-240-1952.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 22, 2011
Good morning Greg,

I have used a great contractor since I got into this business in 1994. His Name is Charles Claborn and you can reach him at 559-994-5515. He is reasonable and best of all honest. He is currently the General on a 15000 sq ft. home but is always able to get to my little jobs too. I would be surprised if you did not like him. He is loder and not computer savy so he does not have V/M or a computer, just so you know.

Helen Gardner
Prudential California Realty
559-421-4342
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 22, 2011
Hi, Greg. I highly recommend the following 2 contractors. Both are honest, reliable (i.e., complete work on time), do outstanding work, and are easy on the budget. You can't ask for anything more in a contractor.

Winston Seals: 559-905-4984

Rod Hall: 559-940-4774

John McMillen
Clovis Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 22, 2011
Angie's List, most Investors I know use this site, check them out.
Trent Stock (559) 493-9264
Please call me at 559-301-9318. Frank Phillips. I am a Realtor with Keller Williams in Fresno and I know just the guy. Licensed contractor. Responsible and smart. Thanks.