Property Q&A in Watertown>Question Details

Courtney, Other/Just Looking in Yakima, WA

I'm looking at the house at 225 N. Pearl St. in Watertown, New York, but something seems fishy... Help/Info?

Asked by Courtney, Yakima, WA Tue Dec 9, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1070999707-225-N-Pearl-Ave-Wa…

Answers

5
Courtney,

You are right about "fishy." What would a diplomat from Nigeria be doing in Watertown that would require him to drop everything an return to Nigeria?

This definitely sounds like it needs to be reported.

I was definitely planning on contacting him! Selling a home to somebody when another person is renting it out? Probably not a fun situation. Thanks for the help.
The listing agent is Michele Gravalle according to the trulia listing. His # is 315-782-4100 and his cell is 315-405-6551. You may want to contact him directly to let him know what happened and if there is a possibility of renting. Thanks for the heads up-we have heard some horrifying scams on craiglsist, and this sounds like it was one of them. "Fishy"
Well I found it originally on Craig's List... Always fishy... The man I was e-mailing about it claimed to be Michele Gravelle and offered to rent it to me for $850 a month, all utilities included. He said he was a diplomat and had to move to Nigeria a month ago, so he didn't have time to find a property manager or agent. But then I check this website and I see that Michele Gravelle is an agent... I'm young and new at all this, so I am very confused!!!
It seems like a scam to me, so if that's what it turns out to be, I thought the real Michele Gravelle would want to know. Any info for me? If that home is for rent, I'd like to see it but this website doesn't say anything about renting, just buying. Any help would be appreciated, as I'm moving from Washington state to the Watertown area in less than a month, and I need somewhere to live!!!
Courtney,

It would be helpful if you could be a little more specific. "Fishy?"

Our recommendation is for you to be in direct contact with an agent from the Watertown area. Where winter starts early and ends late and records for "snow fall and below & temperatures" are made to be broken.