Property Q&A in Glen Ellyn>Question Details

Cathy Jackson, Renter in La Grange Park, IL

I'm interested in looking at this house

Asked by Cathy Jackson, La Grange Park, IL Mon May 28, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3057468719--S-Surrey-Dr-Glen-El…

Answers

3
I also couldn't find this listing. But I did find a 3 bedroom 2 and 1/2 bath town home in Wheaton for $1550/mo. Please call me for more details
Mike Hagen
Realtor -- Buyers Representative; featured on HGTV's House Hunters
Goodwill Realty
630-248-2292
I agree to be careful. I am a local broker and have checked the MLS...there is no rental listing on Surrey in the MLS. There doesn't seem to be an address posted so you can't "drive by". The ad also does not post an agent contact, it appears that you have to click the link to the website sublet.com, then register for membership....if you care to do this you might be able to inquire about the property, but proceed cautiously, it seems like a lot of hurdles just to get basic info. You may want to ask if you can have representation by a Realtor and be skeptical if the answer is no.
The best thing to do initially, would be to drive by the neighborhood and attempt to verify if this is a 'real' rental listing. It's been listed here for over 6 months, so it may be a scam. Avoid rental scams! Situations involving wire transfers or a landlord who is currently traveling and can't meet you in person can be rental red flags. If you think you've found a scam, please hit the "Report error" button above the listing. Looks fishy to me....where are the interior pictures, exact address, full contact info etc.?