Property Q&A in Sunnyvale>Question Details

Mark, Both Buyer and Seller in Huntington Beach, CA

I'm considering a move to the north Dallas,TX area and want to spend $250-350k, 2200sq ft, pool, 3 br. What neighborhood would you recommend and why?

Asked by Mark, Huntington Beach, CA Wed Sep 30, 2009

Thank you in advance for your thoughts

This question is about this property:…

The home referenced in your quiry is located in Sunnyvale, which is located approximately 15 miles east of downtown Dallas. This area is very different from what we refer to as "North Dallas". Sunnyvale is considered "country living" compared to North Dallas. Most of the homes sit on large lots with many of the subdivisions restricted to a minimum of 1 acre.
The schools, shopping, and lifestyle (not to mention the traffic) are as different as night and day. I would highly recommend Sunnyvale, as well as Forney and Rockwall, all located east of Dallas and near beautiful Lake Ray Hubbard.

Good Luck,
Wow, good questions all in one. I live in North Dallas and I' ll tell you about my location, which of course I think is the best! Prestonwood which is at the intersections of Arapaho-Campbell/Hillcrest-Preston area. In your price range you can get a wonderful home with at or above your square footage expectations, updated with a pool and more. . Prestonwood, the neighorhood, is in the center of everywhere, we are close to the Dallas Toll, 635,I75 and the George Bush. (I am assuming you know Dallas with these land marks)In other words, the center of everywhere. The schools are fabulous. RIchardson school district which is the best large district in Texas. Even if you don't have kids that's good for resale. Also close to shopping. The area is well established meaning it kept it's value when the market dipped. There are various subdivisions with the area, Prestonwood, Northwood Hills, McKamy.
I lived in the Lakewood section of Dallas over 20 years and love it also. It's closer in the downtown and is closer to the arts district, Whiterock Lake (inner city lake built in 1922) etc. The home prices are much higher, you won't get the house you are looking for there.

If you would like, shoot me an e mail with a few more parameters and I'll set you up on an e mail gateway that will allow you access to MLS listings and you can get a feel for a few of the areas and the pricing.

Best of luck