Property Q&A in Knoxville>Question Details

Bjolly31054, Home Buyer in Dandridge, TN

I'm buying a small house with 8.5 acres in Knoxville, TN . I want to make an area for parking and make my yard larger by grading and moving some

Asked by Bjolly31054, Dandridge, TN Wed Sep 21, 2011

of the soil from the acreage. Do I need a permit to do this? If so, who do I call?

Answers

3
You may need a plan and a permit, it depends upon the size of the area you are going to disturb, and where stormwater from your property drains to. You can call the City of Knoxville Engineering Department at 865-215-2148 for guidance. If you are disturbing more than an acre, you also need to contact the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) at 865-594-6035 and complete a Notice of Intent (NOI) form, which covers stormwater runoff from a site.
If you need help on this matter, please feel free to contact me for further assistance.
Call the city of Dandridge, the can tell you the number. It depends on weather you are in the city limits of Dandridge.
Knox County Codes department should be able to direct you on this.