Lindsey, Other/Just Looking in New Market, AL

I like this little house, but feel the price is too much for something so small.Could the price be negotiated?

Asked by Lindsey, New Market, AL Fri Oct 31, 2008

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1069469649-301-N-Oak-St-Crawf…

Answers

2
I don't specialize in the Crawfordsville area, but I feel I can comfortably answer this question...the price is always negotiable. You should find an agent that specializes in that area and ask them to look at comparable sales, and comparable active listings. Perhaps the seller is "testing the market" or perhaps they are reasonable in their asking price.

Keep in mind that location, condition of the home, and upgrades that the seller may have done are only a few of the items that they may consider in their pricing. In some area $500,000 will get you a fixer-upper, so finding an agent that you trust, and that works in that area will really assist you in determining where the seller stands with their pricing.
Lindsey,
Actually, thats a pretty reasonable price for a house with a basement, an acre of land. However, if that price is more than you want to pay, then there are likely more that would be available. My advice is to find an agent you are comfortable working with and let them help you find a little house that is more in what you want to spend. An agent working in your corner will help save you time and money! Good Luck on your search!