Property Q&A in Charlotte>Question Details

Activeone, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

I know the is very general question so hopefully I will get many answers.What are some of the monthly HOA fees in some of the golf communities in?

Asked by Activeone, Charlotte, NC Mon Mar 29, 2010

around Charlotte and what do the fees cover.

Answers

8
Hi - you should also note that in the larger golf communities, the HOA fees change from section to section, so you definitely need to look at the HOA fees on a house by house basis. Rarely, if ever, does the basic HOA fees cover any access to golf. However, in Highland Creek, for example, the monthly HOA covers usage of the pools, walking trails, playgrounds, etc. The golf course is semi-private, so Highland Creek residents get preferential tee time scheduling and lower greens fees. Ballantyne Country Club, on the other hand, offers no amenities with their HOA fees - the fees just cover commo area maintance. Generally speaking, monthly HOA fees in golf communities run anywhere from $132/mo to $480/mo, then you get to join the club. The club fees vary wildly as well - some are equity memberships and others are not. Enjoy this beautiful weather - perfect for a round or two! Kathleen Turner
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 29, 2010
The HOA fees for The Point are $1255 annually paid in 2 installments. Also a required septic clean and a charge of $235 will be billed alongside one of the HOA bills.

The 2010 CLUB fees for The Point Lake and Golf Club in Mooresville are below. The Point is one of the best golf courses in greater Charlotte you can join (can't just join Quall or CCC) and Greg Norman's only course design in NC. It's considered a better course than Ballantyne, River Run, and The Peninsula. The other courses mentioned by others are not in the same league.

2010 Dues and Fees
Membership Contributions & Monthly Dues
Golf Member $42,500 $505
Senior Limited‐Non‐refundable $5,000‐15,000 (age based) $505
Sports Member $27,500 $350
Swim/Tennis Member $12,000 $245
Social Member $4,000 $160
Community Member (dues only) $160

Then you have the difference of equity vs non-equity.

a membership included with a resale is the way to go and is a good negotiable tool. It is not well understood and very easily overlooked by sellers and buyers.

I was an HOA board member and now a committee member, my husband was an Advisory Board of Governors member for 3 years. I know the ins and outs, I also live in The Point and specialize in the Brawley peninsula area. I am happy to refer clients that are looking somewhere other than my area. I can offer more value and knowledge by restricting my sale area to my neighborhood and immediate surrounding area.
Web Reference: http://www.brawleylive.com
Hi -

To answer your follow-up question...

The HOA fees in the various neighborhoods are:
Highland Creek - $564 a year. Birkdale - $746. Skybrook - $400. NorthStone - $260. Note that some neighborhoods (like Skybrook and NorthStone) have additional social club memberships such as pool/tennis, golf; which adds on to the fees. Other neighborhoods, like Highland Creek, include the use of amenities (waterpark, pools, tennis courts, walking trail, fitness center) in the HOA and you would get a reduced Greens Fee and Preferred Tee Times (or can purchase a golf membership). If we can provide you with any more specific information email Homes@KimandDickYork.com or call 704-607-1256.
thanks everyone for your response. If anyone can give me Hoa fees for the following that I am considering Northstone,Skybrook, Highland Creek,Tega Cay,Pallasades,Berwick,Birkdale that would be helpful. I am just trying to get an idea and realize that golf membership is entirely something else.
Charlotte is such a big area with so many different types of golf communities and price ranges. So I am going to answer a very general question with a very general answer. I have seen HOA fees in golf communities run anywhere from as low as $180 per quarter to over $1,500 per quarter. That will USUALLY give you access to all the community ammenities, (pool, walking trails, tennis courts, etc.), but the golf membership will be a seperate additional cost. That cost will depend on if it is a semi-private or private golf course and typically the higher the houses are priced, the higher priced the golf membership will be. Sometimes the HOA dues simply cover the common area maintenance.

It would be helpful to know the price range of home you are looking for and if possible a general idea of what part of Charlotte interests you. I think you will find the answers to be more specific and accurate if you can provide that information. I would be happy to find available golf communities for you and provide you with specific information on the HOA dues and golf memberships. Just email your criteria to me at gstoreholder@cbunited.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Gina Storeholder
Licensed in NC and SC
704-299-5254
Every golf community does not have a joining fee. For example, Northstone does not have a initial joining fee but has separate fees for the different levels of membership. The Point in Mooresville at one time had joining fees of up to $20,000. With the state of the ecomony, I think a lot of them have dropped their joining fees or at least lowered them. You said you are trying to get a handle on the fees in some communites. If you will give me the names of the communities you are interested in, then I will get detailed information for you. Then you can compare what you get for the difference in price.

April Crowder
REALTOR/Broker/GRI
Licensed in NC & SC
Coldwell Banker United Realtors
704-533-2220
thanks for your answer.I realize there are membership fees to join the club and they vary widely, I am trying to get a handle on community HOA fees within these golf communities. thanks
In my experience, the range is between to $240 monthly to 3000. Some have fees for the swim and tennis clubs in addition to this and others may have a minimum food amount too not included at this price point. Initial joing fees can be $8000 to $15000 as well. It really all depends on what you "opt" into and participate in.