Property Q&A in Gilroy>Question Details

Tsalinas79, Renter in Gilroy, CA

I just moved into an apartment May 1st of this month, I got advised today that the property has been set in foreclose and has been purchasd .

Asked by Tsalinas79, Gilroy, CA Mon May 20, 2013

What is the best things that I can do to resolve my problem and I am losing out on my Security and the months rent that I paid here.

Help the community by answering this question:


Ok I was offered by the new oweners 600 dollars for moving expenses and he said that it was illegal for the previous owner to have rented the apartment to me. This does not help me into moving to another apartment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013
Negotiate with the new landlord. They should honor the lease. Near you they have this free legal service. A retired lawyer will give you legal advice 1 or 2 nights a week.

California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc. - Gilroy Office
7365 Monterey Street, Suite H (map)
Gilroy, CA 95020

Good luck,
Sam Shueh
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013

Here is the link to the California Landlord Tenant Law and another regarding foreclosure.

I hope one of these will guide you to an answer.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 20, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer