leisaelliott…, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

I have worked as a teacher for 9 years. I don't have good credit, but a stable career. How can I see if I even qualify? I do like this home and area.

Asked by leisaelliott158, Phoenix, AZ Fri Mar 29, 2013

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1074354630-16603-S-43rd-St-Ph…

Gerri Ogilvie Bara’s answer
Hi Leisa,

Finding out whether you qualify to buy this (or any) home can be intimidating. That initial call to a lender is one that many buyers dread, because it's a journey into unknown territory and nobody wants to hear what they fear may be bad news. But the home-buying process does have to start with that step. Most lenders are going to be courteous and supportive, and you should never feel intimidated or embarrassed. You are the customer and a good lender will treat you with respect.

If the ultimate news isn't what you want to hear (you don't qualify right now), you can do two things: check with other lenders (they do not all use the same rules/criteria to get to yes); and you can ask for a plan on how to make positive changes to your credit, etc. in order to be approved in the future. Sometimes this is do-able in a surprisingly short time.

Please let me know if I can help you in any way. Good luck to you.

Gerri Bara
The new market has many sellers offering seller back financing with terms that are reason with a down payment.

I specialize in the Ahwatukee Foothills area and have many expert mortgage brokers on my team who are uniquely qualified to help with situations just like this. Please let me know if I can help in any way. I'd be honored to have your business!

John B Clark, REALTOR®
First Class Service with Integrity!
HomeSmart Real Estate
1745 S Alma School Rd #115
Mesa, AZ 85210
Office Phone - (480) 678-4800
Dear L:

The first step is to ask your Realtor to show you a lender. If down payment is an issue there is a 5% free grant in Maricopa County for moderate income buyers that use a FHA loan (6% for Veterans). Your lender will be able to determine quickly how much of a loan to qualify and inform your Realtor.

Feel free to call me with any more questions.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
Arizona homes and land for purchase or sale
Ahwatukee is a very nice area and the homes there are lovely! You should speak with a lender to get the ball rolling. The first step to buying a home is to work with a lender to get a pre-approval letter. Once you have this in hand, you can then start searching for homes with a Realtor.
You'll need between a 620-640 fico score to submit an application for any mortgage to any one financial instituion. I can offer you a FREE credit report and FREE credit consultation to see where you stand and also how to proceed further to realize your home purchase. Feel free to contact me at your convenience

Web Reference: http://www.loansbyleo.com
First, you should contact a lender. If you can't buy right now, most lenders I know can work with you and help put you on the "path" to increasing your credit score so your odds of getting financing will improve. Have you checked your credit report lately to see what exactly is on it and if anything negative can be fixed? That's also a good place to start. If you need a lender recommendation, I can provide one. All the best!
Hi leisaelliot158,

As a former high school teacher myself, I know the difficulties in securing a home loan.

However, this question is best answered by contacting a lender and seeing if there is a loan for which you may qualify.

Please call me anytime!

Always in your service,

Representing the wine industry.

Michelle Renée Mozell
602 292-0753 Cell
480 452-0640 eFax

HomeSmart, Associate Broker
20860 North Tatum Blvd.
Suite 140
Phoenix, Arizona 85050
480 443-7400 HS Office
480 664-4357 HS Fax

Bergman Euro-National, Realtor®
DRE License 01879859
5850 Anderson Road
Forestville, California 95436
707 887-9822 Bergman Office
707 887-1211 Bergman Fax

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.