Property Q&A in Bristol>Question Details

Lil, Home Buyer in Bristol, CO

I have split from my partner over a year now, he is an alcoholic who's business if failing, he is talking about going bankrupt which means they

Asked by Lil, Bristol, CO Thu Jul 22, 2010

would take the house, he is also not very well and I think he will die shortly, if that does happen, will they still take the house as he owes 60k, business and personall debts

Answers

4
Lil-
Only an attorney can/should answer these questions...
Kimberly Ryan
303-523-8333
Hello Lil,

I am sorry you are going though all of this and sorry for your partner too. Your question is definitely more for an Attorney.

Best of Luck to you,

Sandy Kinslow
The Kinslow Team
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
kinslowteam@aol.com
Consult a Real Estate Lawyer.
Brian
Is he your business partner, life partner? I'm not sure what you are asking. Bankruptcy stops a foreclosure from happening until it goes through the court system and no one can tell you what may or may not happen at that point. You are not giving enough information for anyone to really help you. Seek legal counsel and have all your information for that attorney at that time. Thank you and good luck.