Property Q&A in 64083>Question Details

Judy Walden, Home Buyer in Springfield, MO

I have a reverse mortage can I take the interest off my taxes?

Asked by Judy Walden, Springfield, MO Mon Feb 6, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


The proceeds from a reverse mortgage are not considered income and are not taxable. Furthermore, the interest on reverse mortgage can be tax deductible when it is repaid. Consult a tax advisor for more information.

Maryann Heany
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 6, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer