Property Q&A in Westminster>Question Details

Penny, Renter in Erie, CO

I drove by this property and it is listed for sale, but it is listed on Trulia.com as for rent.....???

Asked by Penny, Erie, CO Mon Apr 22, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3116065670-1663-W-135th-Way-Wes…

Answers

10
Hi Penny
I live in Lafayette and have been a licensed realtor in Colorado for 19 years. I would love to show you that home or any home you might want to see.

I pride myself with my outstanding level of customer service. I will show you homes anytime you want, including nights and week-ends.

Kathleen Nolan
Nolan Real Estate/Metro Brokers
nolansells@msn.com
http://nolansells.com
303-523-6456
Good to know! Thanks for your help!
Yes, Penny, I just spoke with the agent and these sellers are NOT looking to lease the property. As Robyn suspected, I confirmed that the rental listing is a scam and Trulia has been notified. :)
This home was listed on April 17 for $229,900. Sometimes they may offer it for rent if they can't sell it. If you are not working with an agent and you would like to see this home just give me a call. Ii would be glad to set up a showing on it for you.
Skeeter Wilson
Exit One Realty
303-809-0100
Penny,

This home was listed on 4./17/13 for $229,900. It is not unusual to see homes for rent and for sale at the same time. Sometimes there is an overlap and sometimes the seller is thinking either rent or sell and whichever comes first will serve their purpose. Not the best way to approach the situation; but sometimes homes are sole with renters in place that can be kept or work out a buyout situation for the new owner-occupant.

Robert McGuire
Broker/Consultant
Your Castle Realestate
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
One of the most prevalent rental scams out there is using For Sale listings and posting them as rentals as a way to get $$ out of unknowing potential tenants. More than likely this is exactly what you are seeing. In the last 12 months, no less than six of my own listings have been 'stolen' for this purpose. Feel free to confirm with the listing agent and find out if that is definitely the case. The listor will also appreciate it being brought to their attention.

Good luck in the rental search!

Robyn Phipps
Keller Williams Avenues
Hi, Penny,

The sellers recently have listed it for sale at $229,900 and also are listing it for rent at $800, as you saw on Trulia.com. Sometimes a seller will offer a property both ways and see what kind of response he gets...he'll either rent it or sell it depending on the interest in the property. This is a super clean home in a nice area and in this market it won't last long. Give me a call at 303-507-1675 or email me at LisaMRealtor@msn.com and I'll send you the complete listing info, along with photos. I can also arrange for you to see the property at a time convenient for you!
No thank you. I am looking for a rental at this time. It is however, listed for rent on Trulia.com at 800.00 a month. You might check that out as it is incorrect apparently.
We have properties for rent through our office. James C Hill RE
303-287-3264
http://www.hillrealty.net
Flag Mon Apr 22, 2013
It is a scam. Don't fall for it. I just called the listing agent and she said it is not for rent. It is for sale.

Kathy Hill
James C Hill RE

Here is the listing agents info.
Lisa Fowler Listing Office: TRI-COUNTY ASSOCIATES
Agent Ph: 303-919-6161
This property was listed for sale 5 days ago. It is priced at $229,900. Are you interested in seeing it? If so, please get in touch with me and we can set something up.