Property Q&A in Hardwick>Question Details

Judith Katz, Home Seller in Fairfield, IA

I'd like to receive more information about this house and the surrounding neighborhood. Thank you, Judith Katz

Asked by Judith Katz, Fairfield, IA Sat Nov 20, 2010

Please include information about the structural integrity and the socio-demographics of the area.

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1080431361-480-Old-Greenwich-…

Answers

4
Hardwick is a great town and this is a very sweet house. It will work for you if you don't need a lot of room, though the finished part of the basement helps. If you like to take a canoe out, the nearby pond may be appealing to you..... And this is very much a rural area. Really beautiful if you want to be on the outskirts. I've shown the house and know a little bit about it.... the structural integrity seems in order, I know the contractor who did the work. As for socio-demographics, you can find a lot of that on Zillow or on my website at Deborahsellshouses.com.
Let me know if you'd like a look inside.
Best!
Deb
The HUD insurability code for this property is "UI" which means that the property requires repairs estimated to cost more than $5,000 and is not eligible for an FHA-insured loan, unless a Section 203(k) loan can be arranged.

For the demographics of Hardwick, go to http://www.city-data.com

Also, in the event that you would need to sell your home in IA to move up here to MA I know a wonderful Listing Agent in that area, If you wanted to lease your home they also do Rentals and Property Management as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 21, 2010
Hi Judith,

This country retreat on 8.5 acres....with its own pond....was nicely renovated by its previous owner. It is a solid home that offers many opportunities for the right buyer. It is currently bank owned and is still available for purchase.

If you would like to learn more about the socio-demographics for Hardwick, or any other Massachusetts town, I would recommend you visit http://www.massstats.com.

Good luck and please feel free to contact me for further information.

Judy Boyle
RE/MAX Signature Properties
Good morning Judith,

That is a FHA owned home. It's being sold as-is and is still available. There are many different promotional programs with the FHA owned homes right now through the end of the year.

Hardwick is a great town! It's by the Quabbin Reservoir in Worcester County. It's often called a "village" and is lumped together with Gilbertville, Wheelwright and Old Furnace. Hardwick itself is small...just over 2,000 residents. It's a nice small New England town.

Have you been to MA?

Amy

508-784-0504
amymullen@remax.net