Property Q&A in Belleville>Question Details

Jackie Smith, Home Buyer in Belleville, IL

I'd like to know if you'd be able to show the house this weekend (July 7th). Also, is the basement finished?

Asked by Jackie Smith, Belleville, IL Thu Jul 5, 2012

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3011353497-525-E-C-St-Bellevi…

Answers

4
Katrina,
Are you working with a Realtor? You should find someone that will work for you. There are many advantages - ie. They will search for listings that met your criteria, guide you in the offer and contractual fine print and timeframes. If you are interested in bank owned properties I would also suggest that you look for an agent who is experienced in selling reo. They can be tricky and not all financing will fly. An experienced agent can write a strong offer that will make the difference between you winning the bid or your offer being rejected out of the gate because of errors in the presentation.
It is not my intent to soapbox on this forum but I did notice that out of 3 prior answers not one ask if you are currently working with an agent. It is ethically appropriate for Realtors to ask that question.
You are not doing anything wrong and it is my intent only to educate.A Realtor only gets paid for the one you actually purchase and you may look at many. Find some one who is loyal to you and be loyal to them. Good luck to you in your home search and agent interviews!
Marge
Yes, What time is good for you? I can show you the home on Saturday at 10am if that is good for you, or in the afternoon.

Many Thanks,

Paul Walker
618-409-2506
Hi Katrina,
I'm available in the afternoon if that works for you. The basement is not finished, and based on the age of the house it's probably not able to be finished. This one looks like it will need some work to make it a home. Are you looking for a project or something that is more 'move in' ready?
I'd be happy to help in anyway I can. Feel free to give me a call at 618.317.2112.
Pam
Yes. Give me a call to set up a time. 618 792 0489