Property Q&A in Edina>Question Details

Mariam Tahir…, Home Buyer in Edina, MN

I am very interested in this home , please tell me whats the current offer on it , I might submit a better reasonable one as its near our work thanks

Asked by Mariam Tahir Siddiqui, Edina, MN Wed Jan 2, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3090898291-7708-Gleason-Rd-Ed…

Answers

6
Hi Mariam,
This property is a short sale with an offer the bank is considering. The listing Realtor is accepting a back offer if you would like to make one. We have a number if listings in this area that you may find of equal value. Please call if you have questions. Thank you.
Web Reference: http://www.mywra.net
Hi Mariam,

As several other agents have already mentioned, as a short sale with an accepted offer the bank can not look at your offer unless the other offer falls through.

It sounds like location is important to you, what are some of your other must haves? I am very familiar with the Edina area and would be happy to help you find another property that could be just as interesting.

Mary Turnbull
maryturnbull@edinarealty.com
Unfortunately sellers, agents and banks won't ussually disclose the current offer price, but there are always exceptions.....I will see what I can do to get more information for you and to find out how likely it is that the current buyer will stick around for a bank response. Often times buyers find something they like better, their financial situation changes, they get sick of waiting etc. and back out....Please contact me privately and I will relay all the information I can dig up for you. My contact information is in my trulia profile.
Hi Mariam,

Generally the agent cannot provide you with a price unless the seller informs them that it is o.k. This property is a short sale, so you can submit a back-up offer in hopes that the first one does not get accepted by the lender.

In order to write up a back-up offer to have a chance at the property if the current offer falls through you would need to:

1. Show proof of funds or have a lender get you prequalified for a loan. The agent and seller's lender will not accept an offer without these items.
2. Then you would sit down and write an offer - your highest and and best to be submitted to the seller.

I am happy to work with you through this process. Short sales can be a great deal and are often worth the wait.

Vicki

Vicki Schwartz
MN Real Estate Options
Broker/Owner/Short Sale Professional
Accredited Platinum Real Estate Professional
Phone: (952) 443-2056
Fax: (952) 236-6429
Cell: (612) 801-2355
Check out our website at http://www.mnrealestateoptions.com for great information on all aspects of real estate, for Buyers, Sellers and Investors
This is a short sale property. The selling agent/ bank will not tell you what the current offer on the property is. If you want the property, you would just have to submit an offer of your own. If it is close they will review the offers and call for "highest and best." At that point you could then out bid the other parties.

This is all assuming they are still accepting offers on this property.
Give me a call if your still interested and I will call the other agent to dig deeper.

Chase
612-819-4474
The property is a short sale and appears to have an accepted offer submitted to the bank. Please visit my website at http://www.MinneapolisStPaulHomes.com and begin a home search. If you go there and put in your contact information, I will call you to discuss this and other opportunities. Again, please visit my site and set up the search.