Property Q&A in Detroit>Question Details

Diana Reinho…, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

I am renting this house for $650.00 amonth and the landlord owes $6,225.00 in taxes and I call in and its saying forfeited. so does that mean she lost

Asked by Diana Reinhold, Detroit, MI Fri Mar 8, 2013

lost the house and should i still be paying her , her rent ?

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/Michigan/Detroit/sold/2103617-15…

Answers

2
The land lord is still the owner. Forfeited does not mean forclosed. However if the owner does not pay the 2010 or 2011 forfieted taxes by March 31 2013. The home becomes forclosed on due to unpaid taxes. Then home will probably sale in a tax deed auction in September and October. You should do more research on this property thru the wayne county site. Also you should still pay the rent because the home still belongs to the landlord/owner. It would be against the law not to pay. Hope this helped Diana. I would love to assist you in this matter.
She still ownes the property. Do you know how many years she is delinquent?