Property Q&A in Austin>Question Details

Racquel, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

I am really interesed in check this place out. Isthat possible

Asked by Racquel, Austin, TX Thu Jun 11, 2009

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/1079274683-Single-Family-Home…

Answers

5
Racquel,

Curiously, the agent's name listed for this home is Kerrie Collier. If you Google that name in Austin Texas you'll find it associated with ApartmentExperts, which is one of the names listed in the web reference I provided previously, that is associated with WTA, or Wilson Tindall & Associates. Using this listing, and the results of the above search, it might appear that they use this tactic to get people to call them about a really low priced, great looking home (would love to know where in all of Austin you can buy a home that looks like the one in the pictures). You might also conclude that once they get you on the phone, they tell you that particular home is sold, or that it's price with all the options listed is actually much higher, but they can put you into an apartment instead.

Seems like their fishing and using bait to lure in people to rent or lease property instead of buying.

Anyway, be careful!

Jeffrey
512-913-7480
Racquel,

I have to concur with the fake listing. The link in the Web Reference I've provided makes it look awfully suspicious if the company discussed in the link is the same as WTA that is referred to in the listing. In fact, if it is not a home for sale and advertised as one, it seems to me they would be committing fraud and I'm sure the Texas Real Estate Commission would like to hear about it.

I've sent a note to Trulia to investigate. If you're actually looking for a home, check out my profile and let me know if my services might be a good fit.

Take care,

Jeffrey
512-913-7480
Hi, Racquel.

From the photos, this looks like one of the models from Legacy Homes. They had this model in their Rancho Alto community. You can tell the photos are the model because the front of the garage looks like the entrance to the office.

I have a client who purchased a new home with this exact floor plan last year and love the separation of the Owner's Suite from the other bedrooms.

I've seen this home as new construction and resale. It's a pretty popular plan. If you'd like me to find out where Legacy offers this floor plan, don't hesitate to ask.

Always at your service,
Gina Nyland, REALTOR, GRI
Buyer's Specialist
The Nyland Team
512-626-8165
Gina@NylandTeam.com
Web Reference: http://www.NylandTeam.com
HI

That is most likely a phony lising from an agent trying to get buyers to work with them. You can try replying to her to get her to give you the address. I would be happy to e-mail you the available homes in your price range. My e-mail is pamela@kw.com.

Pamela Peck
512-609-9877
Racquel,
I tried looking property up, really doubt it even exist. The agent is just trying to pick up buyers. No address or MLS# typically is just a random post used to get the agents phone to ring. I know, that's really upsetting. You could always call the agent & ask for her to send tax info. on the property?

There are a few chooses in that price range in leander or Hutto. Email me if you want me to send you a few listings. Raphaelwhite@kw.com

Nite,
R