Property Q&A in East Hampton>Question Details

Danna Miller, Home Buyer in East Hampton, NY

I am pretty sure this is an incorrect price for this property - are you bound by the published quote? Last week Trulia had it listed at $399,900.

Asked by Danna Miller, East Hampton, NY Tue Dec 3, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_York/East_Hampton/sold/10012…

Answers

6
Hi Danna

This is 21 gardiners lane in east hampton and as explained, it is now back on the market for 399,900. I am local here in east hampton and can help you with this. My number is 632-294-4216.
Good morning, sorry for the delayed reply but i had to double check some informaiton. The quote in your email reference is from 2003 (not 2013)...easy mistake.

I'm happy to help you with your property search, please feel free to reach me at 917-617-4813.

The referenced is a public record, therefore not necessarily for sale....
Hi. I know the house but can't find it as listed for sale. I think it was sold then renovated to what is in the photo. But not sure what the new owner is planning.
We are not bound by published price. Owners can change price anytime.
Be aware that Trulia isn't always current with the information - I think this listing is incorrect. & outdated.
In answer to your question, a published quote is not binding. A seller can change a price at any time. It is not like seeing a print advertisement for a product in a store, where the price may be honored, even if it is a misprint. A house seller is not bound to any particular number.
Yes this house has expired and the listing agent is getting it extended. The price shown of 205k is the last sale price and not the current list price.