Property Q&A in Harrisburg>Question Details

Cat2010, Other/Just Looking in Harrisburg, PA

I am 58 my Husband is 64. We would like to get a reverse mortgage on our residence. However, the property is in my name. How do I handle issue?

Asked by Cat2010, Harrisburg, PA Tue Jun 21, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


I recommend you contact your mortgage provider or your bank. With your name being the only name on the property you may want to make sure to ask the question(s) of how this will impact your husband should something happen to you. They may recommend you adding him to the title. I also recommend you read the documents carefully, ask questions, seek legal counsel or family members to help with the documents.

Good Luck!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 21, 2011
Dear cat2010,

I would contact the bank you have the mortgage with and see if they do them, If they dont then you will have to contact one that does handle them it is a fairly easy process to do and they can advise you of the fees and costs that go along with them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 21, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer