Property Q&A in La Jolla>Question Details

Jamie, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

I am looking to purchase an inexpensive second home in La Jolla or near the surrounding areas. Time is not an issue, forclosure and short sale are ok

Asked by Jamie, Chicago, IL Sun Apr 25, 2010

This question is about this property:…

The price you are seeing is NOT what this home would sell for in La Jolla, it is most likely the amount that the loan is in default. Work closely with your REALTOR to determine your qualified price range and they can assist you in concentrating on the communities that fit your criteria.

Kind Regards,
Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc.
Hi Jamie,

When you say inexpensive, what price range do you mean? Right now is an awesome time to be a buyer, there is a lot of inventory and sellers are willing to negotiagte. La Jolla also has quite a few different areas, are you looking to be near the beach or a little more inland?
I would be more than happy to help you find your second home in La Jolla!
Feel free to shoot me an email or give me a ring or 858-405-2003.

Bree Estape
Web Reference:
Hi Jamie,

Globella Buyers Realty is an exclusive buyer's brokerage here in San Diego. Find our contact info at
What do you define as inexpensive, La Jolla is definitely one of the premier communities in SD County. Please feel free to search the MLS free on my website at We have a team of highly experienced and passionate agents that have innate ability to listen to you-the client first and foremost to locate the home you desire. Lastly, our team's experience and professionalism has a proven track record in negotiating with the sellers (sometimes banks/lenders) to convey market values and paint a "perfect" picture to the seller that we have done our due-diligence in qualifying the buyer before anytime frivilous time is wasted for any parties involved in the transaction. Please feel free to contact me direct and I can your search criterias to send you properties that meet your financial budget and size requirements.

Chad Power, Associate Broker, REALTOR

1ST American Realy
1010 Prospect Street
La Jolla, CA., 92037
DRE#: 01773269
310-990-5796 Direct
Web Reference:
My advise is find a good agent that you trust. In this market you need a commited agent that will work hard for you to find you exactly what you are looking for. It takes a full time agent who will search the MLS and find you that perfect property and get it in contract before someone else gets it.

Ever Eternity
Phone (530) 448-3867
Fax (619) 819-9923
Web Reference:
Let me suggest two homes to you that you can easily find on my website
MLs Numbers are 090058618 8889 Caminito Plaza Centro # 7410 92122 in University City ( BANK OWNED listed at 291,200K and was previously bought at $435K in 07!

The next one is mls 100014351 address is 8308 Regents Rd #2a

I'd love to help out any way I can. There are many Trulia agents who are eager to work with you, so ball's in your court. Good luck!
This is the best time to buy something, everyone is negotiating, and inventory is good. You have a short window of opportunity before this market shift. My thoughts!!!