Property Q&A in Corvallis>Question Details

Dburgess86, Home Buyer in Corvallis, OR

I am looking to buy some property along the Willamette River from Eugene to the Columbia. Is there a map of real-estate along the river corridor?

Asked by Dburgess86, Corvallis, OR Mon Feb 15, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Thank you for your help. That map helped me out quite a bit.

The next step is to approach several environmental organizations with what is available. I will consult your help when I know what I solicit some interest in these areas.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 18, 2010

I think I can help with this. Below is a link from my Map search which uses aerial photos and plots all the homes for sale. All you have to do is drag the map along the river and head upstream to Corvallis.

The properties that are for sale will plot themselves on here as you move the map and then just mouse over them and you can see all the details. I have started the map for you where the Columbia and Williamete meet.

You could easily find river frontage or close and you can then email me form the site anything you need and I can get you addresses and APN numbers which we can then overlay on Zoning Maps through Metro's GIS.

That is a great place and way to start. And it is all free. I have done alot of work with Conservation groups as well as Trust for Public Lands and Metro.

Call me anytime. I would love to put your 28 years of experience to work for you!
Click the link below!


Dirk Knudsen
Re\max Circle of Legends
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 16, 2010
Thank all of you for your advice.

I am working for an environmental organization that is looking for property to purchase within a 1/2 mile of the Willamette River. I am looking for any type of zoning and any size property.

However, I am wondering if there is anyway to do this without paying for the information. Because it is a nonprofit organization, we do not have the resources to pay for access to this information. However, if there are properties that we are interested in, we will recommend for them to be purchased as a way to protect biodiversity.

What I would like to do with this information is have some sort of screen capture that I can then lay over a GIS map of valuable biological areas along the river to maximize benefits of purchase.

Can anyone help?

Dylan Burgess
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 15, 2010
Hello Dburgess86,

I have had certain maps drawn up of spheres/territories for searches, but the map is not so much the tool to find properties you desire. The best way to find properties is to get an agent working for you who will put in the time and research needed to thoroughly search based on your particular criteria and send you properties matching that. You need to define the following. N,S,E,W boundaries, Desired Zoning, Intended Use, Lot Size / Acreage needed, Raw Land or with Structures, Maximum Price point

It would be my pleasure to assist and represent you in this search and am happy to collaborate with other agents as may be necessary in a search with that large a terratory. I also have the ability to search beyond the RMLS if you are looking for commercial property.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to call or email me at the address below.

June Lizotte, Oregon Principal Broker License
Providing REAL Service
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 15, 2010
Hi Dburgess86,

I can draw a boundary search that courses the Willamette River from Eugene to the Columbia such that any new listings that hit this boundary criteria you would receive auto emails on. You are talking about a large geographic search such that several 'saved searches' would accomplish this criteria. I can also do a robust search using WVMLS & RMLS data (I am a member to both) to identify present listings that have river frontage on the Willamette (or any other river for that matter). I am a State Certified Appraiser of 15+ years and have completed numerous river front appraisals. If it's the land you are after, we may find a parcel having a replacement right to an older improvements...or a residence that can be expanded upon...or a residence that is ready to occupy. I can also set up saved search that return autoemails based on bare land listings too. Nonetheless, I can definitely help you if you want to contact me. Regards, Chris Courtney 541-912-1405 cell, 51-284-2511 office, CR0035 State Certified Residential Appraiser.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 15, 2010
You should be able to find a local agent there that can give you what you need. It should be a very easy process. I know that here in the Grants Pass area - there isnt just one road that takes you down each side of the river - so we run lists of properties then map them out. If you need me to find you an agent there I am happy to help!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 15, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer