Property Q&A in 37075>Question Details

Stephen Maye, Home Buyer in 54915

I am looking for a home or land in Hendersonville, TN. I know its all about location. How do I find the best location for appreciation and resale?

Asked by Stephen Maye, 54915 Sat Jan 30, 2010

Answers

3
Stephen,

Great question – and thankfully, it’s not all smoke and mirrors. Many times resale and appreciation are based on the same thing: the desirability of the neighborhood / community. You might find indications of this from the local public schools in a given area (in some cases). They can be indicators of what direction an area is moving towards. Have you tried GreatSchools.net for the Hendersonville area?

‘GreatSchools’ would show Nannie Berry Elementary School and Indian Lake Elementary School as two of the top rated in this area.

You might also want to get a feel for local convenience. What are some of the offerings that many of the people in a given area want to be close to in Hendersonville? For instance, interstate access to Nashville for employment, lake access for this Land Between The Lakes, and perhaps everyday necessities like grocery store options, retail, and shopping?

These elementary schools zones also happen to be some areas that are aided by the new Indian Lake Village developments between Vietnam Veterans Parkway and Main Street/Johnny Cash Parkway. This brand new area for retail, shopping, and community describes themselves as “a near-perfect balance of commerce, convenience, residence and recreation in Middle Tennessee.”

Have you had a chance to look closer into these areas or areas that have similar desirability in Hendersonville Stephen? Would you like to discuss the appreciation and resale histories further?

Kevin Pellatiro
Hoping to help you take advantage of the market – when you are ready.
(615)714-7918 | kpellatiro@realtracs.com | http://signswemustobserve.blogspot.com/
I agree with Kristy. I work for a lender and can make sure the value is accurate with the purchase price, however a Realtor can help more with which direction the price of each neighborhood is headed.

Good Luck in your House Hunting!

Mick Reese
PrimeLending
Stephen,
One of the best things you can do is choose to work with a Realtor, a full-time Realtor. It is our job to know the market in and out and consult our clients to the best properties in their search criteria. Realtor's have the most up-to-date information and in this market, the best homes don't last long. I provide my clients with market analysis of each home they view so they understand the current value of the home as well as estimated future value. Hope this helps. I'd love to help you in your home search. You can also set up, search and save your own home search at the link listed below.