Property Q&A in 15101>Question Details

Galaxy, Home Seller in Allison Park, PA

I am looking at selling my home!!!my tenant would like to buy it!! Do I need to have the house appraised and have a lawyer?? Could someone help!!?

Asked by Galaxy, Allison Park, PA Tue Aug 14, 2012

Answers

3
Hello, I am an appraiser and a sales agent and was a former loan officer. First of all, the tenant needs to get pre-qualified by his bank, and then you need to agree on a price and get a sales agreement signed. If you don't have a real estate agent, I would suggest getting an attorney to draw up the agreement. A real estate agent could provide you with a standardized agreement, but would probably charge you a modest commission to handle the sale for you. The bank will obtain the appraisal for the buyer's loan and guide the buyer through the rest of the process.
Assuming you have agreed on a price, the buyer will need the home appraised if they are obtaining a mortgage for the home, the bank will require it before lending money. I would recommend you hire a closing attorney/company to do the necessary paperwork. They will make sure that everything is done for a smooth closing, there is a lot of coordination that is involved with the title search, township, county, buyer and seller when transferring a property.
If your tenant is getting a mortgage, the lender will order the appraisal (which the buyer pays for.) As far as closing goes, I use Penn Suburban Abstract for most of my closings. The attorney is very knowledgable and will help make the transaction smooth. Call Joni at 724-776-9750.