Property Q&A in Lafayette>Question Details

Levlerner, Home Buyer in Lafayette, CA

I am interested in this property. How can I get more info?

Asked by Levlerner, Lafayette, CA Sat Jun 18, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3039854939--Via-Media-LaFa…

Answers

4

This property is not currently available but it may come back on the market soon. I would be happy to show you similar properties if you are interested.
Lev,
This property is 1042 Via Media, which was on the market as a short sale from January through May. The bank wanted $1,100,000 to approve it as a short sale and a sale did not go through. Foreclosure Radar shows a notice of sale, with a trustee sale date (foreclosure date) of 6/27/2011, but also indicateds postponed due to bankruptcy, so it is possible that nothing will be happening with this property for a while.
Troy Feddersen
Broker Associate
J. Rockcliff, Realtors
troy@rockcliff.com
By the way, per the link to this property, it shows the bid at $980K.

The Notice of Trustee Sale was filed by the first lien holder with a loan balance of $1,300,000..

The property's total tax assessed value is $900K.
I only saw one property on Via Media that has received a Notice of Trustee Sale. This property is scheduled for auction (county courthouse steps) on June 27, 2011 at 1:30 pm at 725 Court St in Martinez

The published bid is $1,528,728

BUT! It's postponed for bankruptcy. Even if it's listed for sale as a short sale, the fact that the seller is filing for bankruptcy is throwing a major monkey wrench in this process.

If you haven't gone through an auction at the county courthouse (Contra Costa or Alameda county, you may want to go at least once and observe how it's done. if you've never bid at an auction before you will be in at a disadvantage competing against seasoned and veteran bidders.

Go to youtube and look county courthouse auction -- there are quite a few videos there.