Nimesh Patel, Home Buyer in Lithonia, GA

I am inheriting my parents house which was built in 1973, it is worth renovating to resale or rent out ?

Asked by Nimesh Patel, Lithonia, GA Thu Apr 19, 2012

Stone Mountain-Lithonia? Rent it or sell it as is. The area is awash in distressed property and it's not going to improve any time soon
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 19, 2012
It would all depend on where in Stone Mountain and how much renovation is needed regarding selling the property. There is a good market for rental in the area. I have been a lease agent for over 15 years and I would be happy to view the property and give you some suggest. I maybe contact at 770-855-9746.

Joyce Turner
Better Homes and Garden Metro Brokers
I agree with Hank because I assume that this house is in many ways in vintage 1973 condition.

However I think that fixing it up with a few thousand dollars or so to make it attractive to a $800-900 per monbth renter could be profitable if the conditions are right....
Depends on what needs to be done to the may be as Hank says price it right and sell as matter how you decide to proceed to sell the home quickly it will need to be priced right which will be below current market sales for the neighborhood/area.
Hi Nimesh please provide the address and I'll send you the recent rentals and sales in the area so you can decide.
There ARE people that are renting in that area. If you want a quality renter, you have to provide a quality home.

It depends on how much you're looking to invest into the house. What issues are there with the house right now? Are you just wanting to upgrade the kitchen or bathrooms? Call me so that I can discuss your options at 404.422.8568.

I look forward to working with you,

Travis Williams
BHGRE Metro Brokers