Property Q&A in 21234>Question Details

dwright511, Other/Just Looking in 21214

I am in the process of trying to purchase me own home. I have never been on my own before so I don't really know where to began or anything.

Asked by dwright511, 21214 Wed Jan 15, 2014

Answers

12
I remember when I first thought about purchasing my first home many years ago. I felt that there were insurmountable obstacles standing in my way. I was wrong. The only obstacle was me. I only needed to take the first step which was talking to a lender. That's your first step.

A good lender will not only tell where you stand financially, but can also advise you on getting your current financial house in order so that you qualify for a home loan. I can recommend several very good lenders who have served countless people interested in purchasing their first home. One in particular has helped clients with down payment assistance programs. Go to "buyer's section" of my blog listed below. If you have any questions about getting started, contact me. Good luck Dwright511.

GREGORY BRIDGES, CAPT, USN (Ret.)
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Office: 410-327-2200
Mobile: 410-215-0565
Hi Dwright511,

Well, it's obvious we all want your business. Lol. There's a lot to consider when making the move to homeownership; especially living on your own for the first time. As you're calling agents and discussing options, if you haven't chosen someone already I'd love the chance to learn more about your needs and see if we'd be a good fit working together. I serve clients throughout Central Maryland with a focus on Baltimore County and City. Since Parkville is in my area my local knowledge could help tremendously as you move through the buying process. Feel free to browse homes on my website http://www.salemyhousenow.com NO OBLIGATION! Don't hesitate to give me a call to talk about your plans and how I can help. It's way too much info to put here; so I welcome the chance to talk more at your leisure.

All Smiles,
Marlene Rogers, Broker/Owner JEMS Realty LLC
410-499-7279
What is the area that you need ?? Please call Ken Kingsbury @ 410-703-0850 to get prequalified. He is an excellent loan officer. After that - call me and I will be very appy to help you !!
Tanks, Linda Jablin
Congratulations on making a very wise decision. It so happens that we are having a Free Home Buyers Seminar January 25, 2014 at 10:00 am, located at The Ridgely Run Community Center @ 8400 Mission Rd., Jessup, MD 20794. We will be sharing with individuals how to become home owners, what the steps are, how to get your credit score where it needs to be, as well as having a lender on hand to give information on loans. I'm especially excited to also have people on hand who can share with you on how to qualify for free down payment assistance.

If this is something of interest please email me at debwillisrealtor@gmail.com. Seats are limited and you will need to RSVP no later than January 21st.

Deborah Willis, Realtor
Weichert Realtors, New Colony
301-674-0015
debwillisrealtor@gmail.com
6925 Oakland Mills Rd., Ste. A
Columbia, MD 21045
Congratulations on your decision to purchase a home. I believe it's the number one step to building wealth for the future as well as truly having a place to build your future. It can be overwhelming at times no doubt about it. The good news is we are here to help. So here's my advice on how to start.

1. Talk to a local loan officer and have them pre approve you. What does this mean? There are three parts to buying a home. Credit, income and assets. So we pull credit and explain it to you. We review what you do, how much you make and what you have for a down payment and closing costs. We show you on paper the costs and who charges what.

2. To me most importantly I ask "what do you want/need for a monthly payment?"
Lenders can still get people approved for more home than you can truly afford. People call and ask "how much home can I buy?" That's the wrong way to ask the question. I take the payment you want and with the down payment figure out the range of home you can afford. it's safer for you that way.

3. I usually ask at that point if there is an address of a home for sale. We run numbers to show you what it's like to buy a "real house" and not just general numbers. We issue the pre-approval letter that is specific to a home. We also see if you are eligible for any first time home buyer grants.

4. Get an agent find the home of your dreams and make an offer. You can get a real estate agent but they are going to refer you to a lender to make sure you can actually buy the home you want.

5. I am glossing over step 4 but I am not an agent and don't want to talk too much about their role in the transaction.

I hope this was helpful and please let me know any questions you may have. It's hard to know which lender and realtor to pick. Here is some more information about me.http://reviewbrentmendelson.blogspot.com/

You can research lenders and agents on Trulia as well.

Thank You,

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1st Mariner Mortgage
Office 240-235-5314
Cell 301-412-0259
Nmls #111407
Lending in ALL 50 states
Hi Dwright511,

I offer a free, no obligation first-time home buyer seminar to people such as yourself. It is a personalized seminar and consultation in one. It is designed to give you an overview of the home buying process and answer any questions you may have. It will help take the anxiety out of the process to make it an enjoyable experience. I love helping first-time buyers- it is why I got started in the business and going on 13 years now. Please let me know when it would be a convenient time to meet and we can set something up!

Jennifer Kramer-dela Cruz
Long and Foster Real Estate
Jennifer.kramer@lnf.com.

Purchasing a home can be a great or frustrating experience, the difference is dealing with professionals who not only understand your personal, financial and credit situation, but will assist throughout the whole process.

With over 15 years in the mortgage industry and backed by a great company, New Penn Financial, I can provide this and a level of service one expects and should receive.

The first and best place to start is a phone call, this will give you a chance to ask questions about the process and give me a chance to see how I can help. Please contact me at 410-688-9871 when you have a moment, or let me know the best number and time to reach you.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Dennis Coleman
Dennis, I would put your NMLS number on future answers. You know how it can be. Your call.
Flag Wed Jan 15, 2014
Hi Mr. Wright,

I specialize in working with First Time Homebuyers.

Feel free to give me a call and I can help with getting you started.

Call me today at 410-262-4102.

Sherrell Haynie
First step is getting prequalified. The 2nd step would be to try and figure out how you buy a home like this

http://www.mlsfinder.com/md_mris/joshmente/index.cfm?action=…

I would be happy to help with any questions you may have about the process of buying your first home. Please feel free to contact me, so we can discuss the needed steps to get you on your way to home ownership!!!

Vinny LoBiondo
MJL Realty
email: Vinny@MJLRealty.com
Your first step should to be to assemble a team of trusted professionals to help you with this process. A reputable mortgage professional and Realtor, like myself, can help you layout the road map to owning your first home. If you would like a consultation, please feel free to contact me. Matthew@thepivecgroup.com.
Feel free to give me a call. I can help you get going in the right direction.
410-409-0024
James Boyd