Property Q&A in 11559>Question Details

Apaskaleva, Other/Just Looking in 11559

I am in the process of assuming a mortgage debt after a divorce and am in financial distress. Do I need an attorney?

Asked by Apaskaleva, 11559 Sat Dec 10, 2011

I have been contacted by my bank's representatives in NY - they claim specific procedures and related charges apply to the transaction in NY, which the bank specifically stated are not needed, such as lien search. I am reluctant to hire an attorney due to financial difficulties. Should I hire one? Thank you.

Help the community by answering this question:


Yes you should definitely speak to an attorney. I can recommend an excellent attorney on Long Island , an expert with short sales and foreclosures, who will give you a complimentary consultation regarding your financial distress with your mortgage. He is extremely knowledgeable and will offer the best solution to your problem. He is there to help you and not cause additional financial stress. Call me for further details. 516-547-1356

Lynn Pisani GRI,CBR,PSC
Licensed Associate Broker
Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
In order to best protect yourself, it is highly advisable that you hire an attorney; he/she can best advise; in the long run it may turn out to be money well spent; also keep in mind that most professionals do offer a free consultation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer