Property Q&A in Atlanta>Question Details

Happylily, Home Buyer in Atlanta, GA

I am first home buyer and want to buy this stucco home . http://www.trulia.com/property/1093756310-2459-Chestnut-Lndg-Atlanta-GA-30360. The price

Asked by Happylily, Atlanta, GA Tue Feb 9, 2010

reasonable compared to other homes in this subdivision. And it is sold by relocation company. But I heard so many bad things about stucco. Should I buy it?

Answers

6
Happylily,

If the home is being sold by a relocation company there may be a stucco inspection available.

Many times the relo company will reccomend that the seller have this done.

There are many bad rumors about stucco, but as long as you have it inspected and it's in good condition you should be able to buy with confidence.

Relo comapnies can be challenging to deal with in some cases. I'm a certified relocation specialist and work with many of the major relo companies. I would be happy to represent you as a buyers agent if you need one.
Synthetic Stucco if installed and maintained correctly can be a superior siding. From viewing the pics of the home you are considering the siding appears to be in great shape. Be sure to have a qualified inspector who specializes in stucco inspections and repair look at the home. Typically this inspector will be separate from the inspector you hire to review the home for structural, plumbing, and electrical. So be prepared for the additional cost involve with this inspection, unless you find a strong inspector who is qualified to perform both simultaneuosly. You may want to request a stuccco warranty as part of your contract offer in addition to a standard home warranty.

Chuck Green, Realtor
"serving Atlantas realty needs since 1984"
Web Reference: http://chuckgreen.com
If you "want to buy" it, Happylily, and it's priced right in your opinion, go for it. If you hire a good home inspector, he/she will be able to tell you if there are any problems, from material below grade to the moisture content inside the structure's walls to having the doors and windows properly sealed. If you hire a good Realtor, he/she should be able to guide you in the due diligence process as well as help determine the net value of your offer based on what other similar properties have garnered after closing. Please call or email if I may answer any other questions you have about stucco or help in any way. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond
SellsRealty@gmail.com
404-538-5499

http://www.georgiamls.com/agentsite/index.cfm?SiteID=hammondjohnm
Hi Happylily,
I would encourage you not to worry much about what you've "heard" about stucco. More so than whether or not you've found the home that fits your specific needs and is within your desired price point. As another agent mentioned earlier you can address any issues or concerns about the home with your inspector during the due diligence period of your contract. Also I would recommend speaking with your real estate consultant about your concerns so that he/she can adjust any possible provisions into the offer. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any help.

My Best,
If the home is built well I wouldn’t be worrying about stucco but in any case if you are ready to put an offer one the house I would hire home inspector and he should be able to tell you more about it.
P.S. Do not forget first time home buyer credit.
Hello Happylily I've included a link for you. I'd love to assist you with your process and any questions that you may have along the way. Please feel free to email me at ms_nbrooks@hotmail.com