Property Q&A in Kenosha>Question Details

Brandon Wrig…, Home Buyer in Kenosha, WI

I am currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan and i wanted to know if it was possible to buy a house while out here, so I can move in when I get back.

Asked by Brandon Wright, Kenosha, WI Tue Jul 17, 2012

and if so how do I go about doing that

This question is about this property:…

Hi Brandon,
Yes, you can purchase the home from abroad like the other agents said. If you have a relative in the area, sometimes it's nice for them to preview the house for you. I would be more than happy to work with a friend or relative in your behalf. Otherwise feel free to call or email me directly. 262-658-1400
Yes, it can easily be done online. We can now use electronic signautres on all real estate contracts in Wisconisn. You may need to talk to your bank or a local mortgage broker to get pre-approved for the amount of the purchase but this, too can be done over the phone or online. You will need to wrk with a reputable realtor as a "Buyer's Agent", so they can handle a lot of the negotiations for you in your absence. Also you should check out realtors who have earned professional designations, meaning they have taken additional courses to be able to serve you better. Desigantions such as GRI -Graduate of the Realty Institute ( aout 90 hours of extra course work), ABR (Accredited Buyer's Representative ( a two day course) and CRS (Council of Residential Specialists) are the ones to look for.

I routinely use electronic signatures with my clients to speed up responses to offers and counter-offers during the purchase cycle. We may have to schedule the final closing of the sale to a date after your return, however. I would be glad to answer any other questions you may have. You can send me an email at
Please contact a Realtor, preferably me, Mike Harscher to begin the process. You certainly can purchase a house in this manner, I will be happy to represent you through the process. Please contact me directly for more information, answer all your questions and get started. Former Marine my self. You? Thanks Mike Harscher / InMarket Realty (262) 945-8925