Property Q&A in Mercer>Question Details

Brad, Home Buyer in Mukwonago, WI

I am buying a house and also want to buy this land what is the best way to get both efficiently.

Asked by Brad, Mukwonago, WI Sun Jun 14, 2009

The house I am buying is 170000 and I am going to put 35000 down Should I wait and get a home eequity loan or should I do something else

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/40111199-Lot-3-Weber-Lake-Dr-…

Answers

1
Hi Brad - This is a great question and you are smart by pre-planning prior to making a move. Financing and mortgage rules have drastically changed over the course of the past 18 months. In order to answer the question effectively, a bit more information would be necessary. Program guidelines will vary dependant upon several things. IE: primary vs sencond home; Income; Debt to Income ratios: amount of land; etc., etc. Since the home may be you primary residence, it is important to keep in mind the fact that you will receive the greatest tax benefit from your primary home, therefore it may be a wise move to purchase the home using a mortgage program that requires less down and putting the balance of the cash into the purchase of the land.

I am sorry that I cannot be more specific. If you would like to discuss this in detail, I would be happy to do so. Please either shoot me an email at gwennt@centurytel.net, or feel free to give me a call at 920-858-1203 - I am happy to provide a no cost consultation. Best of luck to you Brad and I hope I have provided you with some things to consider prior to completing your transaction.