Property Q&A in Huntington>Question Details

Kafi.k.Quash…, Renter in Huntington, NY

I am anactive duty military member and first time home buyer should i go through the VA first?

Asked by Kafi.k.Quashie, Huntington, NY Thu Jan 26, 2012

Optional details about your question

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3069786159--Gaines-Pl-Hunt…

Answers

6
Hi Kafi,
You have got good advice up to now. I all boils down to your financial situation and you need to talk to your bank or a mortgage broker.
See link for helpful information; also visit with any licensed loan officer, see what loan option is best for you.
http://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/elig_center.asp
I was a combat Veteran from Vietnam and one of the first things I did was get my eligibility certificate for a VA loan when I was discharged…. never used it, and I still have it in my desk. Other loan options were better at that time. My suggestion is to speak to your VA Representative and then your mortgage professional to get all the information on the program that is right for you. This way you can make a good choice. Good Luck in your Home search and thank you for your service to our country. Sgt James McKenna USAF/ARMY
Speak to your mortgage professional to get all the information on the program that is right for you. This way you can make a good choice.
Hi Kafi, we have loan officer who handles VA loan, they can guide you with the whole process, please let me know if you would like to contact them. I can provide you the contact info.
Hi Kafi,

I suggest you meet with a mortgage professional in your area to discuss your situation and to help you decide the best loan program for you.

Elva Wormley
C2 Financial Corporation