Property Q&A in Philadelphia>Question Details

Nmk2004, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

I am also looking for a contractor willing to do work on a Wells Fargo Streamlined 203k .

Asked by Nmk2004, Philadelphia, PA Mon Aug 23, 2010

I would really appreciate any contacts. I am only interested in contractors providing services in Philadelphia, PA.

It seems like the bids I have received so far are very overpriced. Is this something I can expect with a contractor doing a 203k project? As an example, 9'X9' kitchen remodel, i asked for nothing better than "ok" quality and explained I want cheap since this home will be sold anyway, not what I will live in. I was quoted $10k.. This did not even include flooring or appliances.

I can provide same materials for about $2500.00 I have done the research and found vendors. Would a streamlined 203k allow me to purchase materials and have a contractor hired for just the installation of them?

Help the community by answering this question:


As long as your work is less than $35,000 and does not require any structural modifications, then you can definitely use the 203(k) Streamline version. There is a directory of 203(k) contractors located online at . The contractor approved in the Philadelphia area is :

Before & After Interiors
Tony James
107 Swatara circle Douglassville, PA 19518

Contractor Directory for the FHA 203(k) Program
(480) 463-4663
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 23, 2010
Michael Testa, email address
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 23, 2010
Since it is a Wells Fargo 203k, you may just want to contract everything through Home Depot(they have many contractors that are partners to do all the work). Wells Fargo has a special relationship with Home Depot, and it will make you life very easy to do it that way. You can talk to your Wells Fargo more about it, but having seen many 203ks go through, I would take advantage of the relationship. Hope that helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 23, 2010
Hi, Nmk2004.

Brown McKinney Real Estate, Co. specializes in working with real estate investors. Since this is the case, we have qualified/licensed contractors, plumbers, electricians, etc. that we work with on a daily basis. If you need any contacts to help you with your project, please let me know.

All of my contact information is below. Best of luck to you if I don't hear back.


Timothy M. Garrity | Brown McKinney Real Estate, Co.
Real Estate Professional & Consultant Email| Website
215-825-2250 x 1007 Office | 267-879-2716 Mobile | 267-519-5490 Fax
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 23, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer