Property Q&A in 90016>Question Details

Squid, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

How to estimate ROI for home improvement?

Asked by Squid, Los Angeles, CA Mon Apr 15, 2013

I currently own a 2 bed/1 bath home with a bonus room. I'd like to convert the bonus room to a master suite by adding a bathroom addition with walk-in closet. This would convert my house into a 3/2. Is there a way to estimate by how much this would increase the value of my home, so that I don't overspend on the addition? As a second option, I could simply use some of the exisiting square footage of the house to add a 3/4 bath, and end up with a large 2/2. Not sure which is the wisest investment. Thanks,

Answers

2
Ron is spot on except for the cost of the SF. There are far too many variables to consider i.e. the foundation alteration requirements, bearing walls, quality of improvements can be all over the charts. Best to contact an architect or a good interior designer with architectural and AUTOCAD expertise.
yes.. you can see how much a 3 bedroom 2 bathrooms with the approximate sq ft is selling for in the market.

3 bedrooms are way better than 2 bedrooms... but obviously the cost is higher... plug in $200 p Sq ft of addition.

Best of luck, you can email me if you have any more questions... additionally if you find my answer helpful please give it a Thumbs Up!

Ron