Property Q&A in 01720>Question Details

Gsolo516, Home Owner in 01720

How much does it cost to tie your property into town sewer?

Asked by Gsolo516, 01720 Sat Oct 30, 2010

Am trying to determine the cost of tying a property in Concord MA into the town's sewer line. The property is currently on septic, however town sewer is available at the street. Thank you.

Answers

3
Hi
Your best bet is to contact a local septic installer. There is the cost that John outlined but there are some costs and steps that may need to be taken to abandon the old septic.

You also want to check with the town about monthly or quarterly costs for sewer/ water bills and the betterment fee.
Regards, Cherie
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 31, 2010
I think it depends on where you live. I would contact a local contractor to see how much the average price would cost. I think you'll get the most accurate information from contractors and people in your area. Good luck! http://www.lavendersedm.com/en/
Flag Thu Sep 25, 2014
every town is different you need to call the DPW in your town and they will have a list of approved contractors who will give you an estimate.
there are 2 parts to this
1st) there is typically a "betterment" which is essentially a fee the town charges to each home for the privilege of the sewer coming by your house. If sewer has been there for years this may no longer apply.
2nd) there is the connection fee (bringing the line from the street into your home) which is what the town approved contractors will do.
These contractors will typically bid the job by how many feet your home is from the street and any obstacles along the way.
I hope tis is helpful. best to call the dpw for more info
john
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 30, 2010

To answer your question, I need a lot more info. Please call me at 617-513-6919 or email if your prefer at Roger@RogerYAllen.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Roger