Property Q&A in 94513>Question Details

Bill Martin, Home Buyer in 94513

How much are the city assessments taxes a year for Brentwood CA for a 3000 sq ft newer home? In dollars & cents.

Asked by Bill Martin, 94513 Wed Jun 23, 2010

Answers

3
As a realtor and Planning Commissioner for the City of Brentwood, there is a simple way to find out what you need.

Each subdivision in Brentwood is going to have different assessments, based on what the builder did or did not pay for in order to add services (streets, lighting, utilities, etc). These are in addition to the regular taxes the others have spoken of.

You can go to the Contra Costa County Assessors office website (see link below) and pull the tax bill for that particular parcel and you will know what the current assessments are. Make sure to click on "Secured Property Tax"

http://www.co.contra-costa.ca.us/index.aspx?nid=1741

Hope this helps.

John

The property taxes are not based on the square footage of your house but on the assessed value of your house.
I recently purchased a brand new home in Brentwood at $300,000 and last week I received the tax bill, it was a bit of a shock to me, for this year the total bill is $4,438.78 based on a property value of $300,000. So if you do the math, that's about 1.479% or 1.48% tax rate as there are all kinds of "special taxes & assessment". I am asking the tax assessor to review the bill as it is not the 1.3% the builder told me.
I just wanted to share the above info with you that you be ready:-). Peace. Myriam
Hi B.martin,

In California, "1.25% of assessed value" is a general and commonly used property tax estimate; however, if you want accuracy follow these steps: http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_ornellas_mba_re_mastersgri/…

Best, Steve