Need To Know, Home Owner in Oakland County, MI

How many years can I go without paying taxes before my house is up for tax sale?

Asked by Need To Know, Oakland County, MI Mon Mar 5, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Contact a Real Estate Attorney for legal information. Otherwise, Contact Andy Meisner 248-858-0624
with the Oakland County Treasurer's office. They can make arrangements and a payment plan for unpaid taxes so you don't lose your home, but you need to act as soon as possible.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 5, 2012
Every County varies. Call the Oakland County TWP offices & find out directly. Do not rely on someone else giving you this critical information.... I am assuming you have a mortgage... Have you considered a Short Sale to get some financial relief and to avoid a delinquint Tax auction and foreclosure?

Find a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) Realtor to discuss your options.

Mike Jurca
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 5, 2012
Consult a real estate attorney!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 5, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer