Makenna24, Home Buyer in Spring Valley Lake, CA

How many renters vs owner occupied property's are in Spring Valley Lake?

Asked by Makenna24, Spring Valley Lake, CA Tue Aug 31, 2010

I am curious what the ratio is between owner occupied homes, and those that are renter occupied.

Answers

2
Makenna24;

As Scottsvl mentions below, the homeowner's association does not keep statistists regarding the number of rentals in the community. The neighborhood has quite a few houses that are 2nd homes, or vacation homes, houses that are not the primary residence of the owner. There are also quite a few houses that are tenant occupied but not rentals, such as family-owned home where the tenant may not pay rent to the owner (the owner purchased a home for their mother, or kids, to live in)

I have been a Realtor in the neighborhood for a number of years, and upon reading Scottsvl's response was shocked by his response. Upon further analysis, though, he may be close. There may be an average of 2.5 or maybe 3.0 houses in every 10 that are not the primary residence of their owner.

Spring Valley Lake is a very desireable neighborhood in the high desert. Because of this, the houses are in high demand. Homeowners and investors alike see the advantages of owning and living here.
I live in SVL and the HOA does not keep these statistics (officially), although I bet there approx 30% rentals in SVL. This has increased in the last year because there are so many bargain priced properties that investors are buying up and renting them out. SVL is a great area to live so the rents are relatively high compared to the surrounding area.