Property Q&A in Corona>Question Details

Jerdog, Home Buyer in Corona, CA

How long will I be paying Mello Roos in Corona 92882? My home was built in 1998

Asked by Jerdog, Corona, CA Wed Jan 12, 2011

Answers

1
Hello Jerdog,

It appears that no one ever answered your question regarding Mello Roos taxes in your South Corona neighborhood, zip code 92882. Looks like you'll be paying these special assessment taxes until about 2020 to 2022, depending on which subdivision you purchased in. Mountain Gate was developed beginning in 1996/97, and seems the most likely area, but there are several special assessment districts in the 92882 zip code, all of which seem to end in that time frame just after 2020. Be aware that, besides the original bonds that were put in place to cover the building of infrastructure for the neighborhoods, there may also be a CFD fee that does not end, which pays for the ongoing maintenance within the area, mostly the landscaping on medians and walkways. This amount is usually much smaller than the other portion of the special assessments.

If you'd like more specific information, feel free to contact me with your address, or you can research it yourself at the link below.