Property Q&A in Brooklyn>Question Details

Stephen, Other/Just Looking in Brooklyn, NY

How long does it take to fix fire damage after the public adjuster takes pictures of the damage and submits the claim?

Asked by Stephen, Brooklyn, NY Tue Sep 13, 2011

I had a situation last month where there was a fire at the upstairs apartment of my next door neighbor that spread to the roof and upstairs apt of my house in Brooklyn, NY. There was moderate damage to the upstairs apt and I was told by a public adjuster that I hired that it would take 1-3 months to fully repair the damage. The fire happened 3 weeks ago. Right now, the public adjuster submitted information to insurance and I am waiting to hear back. I feel like everything is going so slowly. It feels like everyone involved is dragging their feet. In addition, some of the debris from the fire still has not been removed. Needless to say, I have never gone through this experience before and i have no idea if it takes 1 month, 3 months or even 6 months to get a contractor who can repair the damage and get everything back to normal. Any advice from anyone with experience would be helpful.

Answers

2
Contact your insurance and or adjuster and ask for specifics, they can better answer the question than any of us can....
Sorry I am not sure if you need me to find out call me or visit me at the link below,