Property Q&A in "M" Streets>Question Details

Howard Hirsch, Home Buyer in Plano, TX

How do In get more information on a foreclosed property?

Asked by Howard Hirsch, Plano, TX Fri Feb 1, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3032442850--Martel-Ave-Dal…

Answers

10
My apologies if I misled anyone. I should have said "when you engage the services of a licensed REALTOR to represent your interests..." I did not mean "hire" in the literal sense...only in the sense that the REALTOR would be "working for" the buyer. It is quite right that there is generally no charge to the buyer for representation and the seller of the property typically pays both the selling agent's commission and the buyer agent's commission. I should have said, "When you sign an agreement with a licensed REALTOR to represent you", you will get a multitude of services, one of which is outlined in my previous answer.

NOTE: Although most of the REALTORS I know do not charge the buyer anything, I am aware of agents who do charge the buyer a retainer fee upon signing the representation agreement...this is not typical, but it does occur.

I too am a foreclosure specialist...with the market we have had these past few years, a great many of us have become certified experts in the area of foreclosures and short sales.
EMAIL ME... I CAN HELP YOU.. I AM A FORECLOSURE SPECIALIST...
KATHYLANGSTRAAT@YAHOO.COM... YOU DONT HAVE TO "HIRE" A REALTOR...THEY ARE PAID BY THE SELLER... NOT THE BUYER.... JUST, FYI...
Hi Howard:

The very best way to find more in-depth information on a property (whatever the type) is through a licensed REALTOR. With the hiring of a REALTOR to represent your interests, you will get a multitude of services...one of which is a thorough investigation into the details of a particular property be it a foreclosure, short sale (preforeclosure), or a regular sale). A REALTOR knows how to find out details that a typical buyer doesn't know. A professional knows the right questions to ask of the seller's agent or representative to get the information that is desired and other details are found in a variety of places...some accessible to laymen and some not. Professional REALTORS have the training, knowledge, and experience and are in the best position to find out the most about a property before you make an offer on it.

Find a REALTOR you like and trust and let them do the legwork for you!

Becky Carr, REALTOR
Coldwell Banker APEX REALTORS LLC
214-918-1686
beckyc@coldwellbanker.com
http://www.rcarr.cbapex.com
Realty Trac gets you to pay or information you could get or FREE by working with a Realtor. Plus the listings would be real and available when working with a Realtor as I have stated before. Don't waste your money hire a Realtor.
Hello Howard,

I would suggest selecting a REALTOR to represent you through the process; however, "Foreclosures" are usually sold on the court house steps in the county in which the property is located.

Best Regards!
Your posting is incorrect.

Foreclosures aren't called foreclosures until sold at the auction. There are no foreclosures 'sold' on the court house steps. Those are properties 'being' foreclosed by the banks (per the laws afforded to them to reclaim the properties). Foreclosures are only foreclosures after having been acquired on the court house steps.

The sad part of our business is it's too easy to be called a 'Realtor'. You can take six weeks of courses and pass a VERY easy test. Tread carefully when selecting a realtor/agent.
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
Howard, Just did a little further research - the property was sold back in August for over $200k
Contact one of the agents listed here to assist.
Best resource is a Realtor as this particular property isn't even on the market. You can search active foreclosures from my website http://www.topagent.co - call or email if you'd like some help.

Andrea Brooks
Keller Williams
469-450-1326
The best way is to use a local realtor. They can pull up the inventory via the MLS.

The link you provided is a condo that has already been sold.
This is probably not a real listing. Work with 1 Realtor on getting real and available listings.

Kenny
Turtle Creek Realty