Property Q&A in Green Bay>Question Details

Krcanterbury, Home Buyer in

How do I go about buying a foreclosed home?

Asked by Krcanterbury, Mon Jan 21, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3093347866--Weise-St-Green…

Answers

4
Very good information has been given already. A couple other points; there are financing programs that will allow you to have funds available in your mortgage for repairs if needed and other items like needed appliances. Second, while I do not work in the Green Bay area I would e happy to refer you to a good, quality agent who will make sure your interest are protected.

Just let me know if you would like me to do so.

Give me a call at 920-988-0588 or email at rmoen@remax.net
get a buyer's agent who is familiar with all the types of foreclosures and is registered with HUD.
Contact a Green Bay realtor, it costs you nothing for their services. Ask friends and relatives for a referral.
You will need a pre-approval letter from your lender. The process for purchasing a foreclosure home is similar to purchasing any other home. Keep in mind, the property is being sold "as is", you have the right to have the home inspected, but the bank will not offer any concessions or reduce the purchase price if there are defects. First and foremost, you will want to make sure the property is still available.