Property Q&A in Philadelphia>Question Details

Donald Feltm…, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

How do I find out what that staus of a property is as a child od the deceased that owned the property? Did he have any liens, etc. Thank you.

Asked by Donald Feltman, Philadelphia, PA Tue Sep 13, 2011

This question is about this property:… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">…

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Donald,

Your best bet is to order a complete title search from any reputable title company. I would recommend calling Luke Silver at Philadelphia Abstract 215-922-1818. I'm sure he can help you pretty quickly.

Please feel free to call me if I can be of further assistance.

All the best,
Larry B. Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
Cell (267) 254-7994
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
Hi Donald, not completely sure what you mean by "status" but your city clerks office will have most of the information you will need. Don't spend money on a title search if you can find what you need there. You can actually go on line and see if there are taxes due and contact the License & Inspections office for liens. If you still need assistance feel free to call .

Pat Worrell
Associate Broker
Coldwell Banker Preferred
610-742-9300 (c)
484-468-1026 (o)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011

Feel free to contact my office via email:
or by phone: 215-625-3660

For a complete search of the property, you should avoid getting a 5 year mortgage and judgment search as it will likely provide you with an incomplete picture of the liens and encumbraces on the property. I would recommend a full 60 year search to catch most (if not all) of the potential title problem with a property; however, a current owner search might be sufficient for your needs.

Our prices for a standard search of residential property in Philadelphia is as follows:

Standard Current Owner Search $ 90.00
Standard 2-Owner Search $ 120.00
Standard 30 Year Search $ 150.00
Standard 60 Year Search $ 180.00

Liberty Bell Agency
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
Your best bet is to contact a Realtor and ask them if they can have their title Company do what is known as a "5 year Mortgage & Judgement Search". This is something they may charge for, and if they do, it would not be much. Feel free to contact me for further information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
Hello Donnald,

Philadelphia City Hall would be the best place to start. Another option is to do a Title Check by hiring a title company (this option would run you about 300-500 dollars).

Hope this was helpfull.
If you have any questions please contact me by clicking my picture.

Realty Mark Cityscape
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 13, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer