Property Q&A in Pittstown>Question Details

Rich Rokow, Home Owner in Pittstown, NJ

How can my home go from $880,000 to $733,000 in less than 1 month?

Asked by Rich Rokow, Pittstown, NJ Fri Jul 19, 2013

Where and how do you determine the price of my home and how can you justify a $150,000 swing when Trulia know nothing about the home, it slocation, size, etc, etc????

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/homes/New_Jersey/Pittstown/sold/865863…

Answers

3
Hi Rich

These estimates are not specific enough to take seriously. These estimates to not include details like bedrooms, bathrooms, size and condition into consideration. If these estimates were accurate unless you are thinking of selling this would be a good thing because you could get your taxes reduced based on the estimate. Relax enjoy your new home.
Trulia and other mega real estate sites are more often than not ....wrong! None of us realtors are really sure how they calculate value and price. It just shows how important a local agent is in determining current value. We are in the trenches everyday , and we know the market here in Hunterdon County better than a national real estate site! If I can be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to call me at 908-735-8140. That is my Weichert office in Clinton.
dont let it bother you. The estimates from sites like Trulia and zillow are more times than not ,way off. My own home is at least 20-30% off in its Trulia valuation. Thats why you hire Realtors and not websites to sell your homes.