Skittle, Home Buyer in Park Mesa Heights, Los...

How can if find out if there are any property assesments on a short sale?

Asked by Skittle, Park Mesa Heights, Los Angeles, CA Sun Mar 28, 2010

Answers

5
Hi Skittle,

Title company can tell you if there is unpaid taxes or lien on any property. Another way to find out is to contact the county assessor office. In my area Orange Co. you can get tax information by going to the county's tax assessor website and enter the address. You can find out if taxes are not paid. Try finding the county tax assessor website for your county. Some agents link the county's website to theirs. I did that on mine because questions on taxes are the most frequenty asked.

Homa Moaddel
Broker Associates
http://www.homaochomes.com
C21 Beachside
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Skittle,

I would check the title report and seller disclosures to start with. Those should give you a great idea. If it is a condo you can also look into the HOA records and talk with the property management. Good luck to you!

Grant Linscott
323.333.6222 cell
grantlinscottproperty@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 28, 2010
Email me the address and I can find out for you.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 cell
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hello Skittle,

Even on a short sale the seller should disclose it. Request a copy of the title report if you have an offer on the property and also ask your agent to ask the seller.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hi Skittle;
One thing to remember is that assessments on a short sale change from moment to moment. It generally takes 60 to 90 days for short sale approval, and during that time, the assessment landscape will change. HOA dues go unpaid. Taxes may be missed. Additional liens may be filed.
Remember that it's a good idea to check throughout the short sale process, at least every 30 days, to keep track of additional liens and assessments.
Deborah Bremner
REALTOR, 00588885
Certified Short Sale Professional
Certified Home Retention Specialist
(D) 818.564.6591
TheBremnerGroup@gmail.com
Blogging at: http://TheBremnerGroup.com/blog