Branjef3, Home Buyer in Houston County, GA

How can condo association charge attournry fees if they did not abide by the bylaws?

Asked by Branjef3, Houston County, GA Wed Aug 19, 2009

My association fees are late and they took it to the board. We reached an agreement but they are charging the attourney fees. The bylaws state that they must send a certified letter for the fees and they didn't. They broke the agreement in the bylaws so how can they charge the fees?

Answers

1
Not being an attorney, what I can tell you is that you need to speak to a Real Estate Attorney. There are quite a few good ones in Houston County. I am not sure about the attorney fees. In the neighborhood I am in they will send a certified letter letting you know that your fees are late, if it is not paid then they would have an attorney send a letter. A Home Owners Association can go as far as putting a lien on your home until it is paid. If a lien is put on your home you must pay it before you can sell your home with a clear title. If you would like the names of some local Real Estate Attorney's you may email me directly at terrijackson.realtor@gmail.com.