Property Q&A in Los Angeles>Question Details

Chris Sorren…, Home Buyer in 90049

How can I find th address of this property?

Asked by Chris Sorrentino, 90049 Sun Feb 13, 2011

--
This question is about this property: http://www.trulia.com/foreclosure/3038154056--Montana-Ave-20…

Answers

8
Richard is correct, this property has not been foreclosed on yet, it is considered a pre-foreclosure-at this point the owner still owns the property, it may potentially foreclose on at a later time or the owner may also work something out with their lender to amend the default. There are many similar properties available, feel free to contact me and I can send you a list of them.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul
Coldwell Banker
(424)625-1037
Hello Chris,
This property is not currently listed on the mls. It is in default and likely the bank will take it back... however, there is no timeframe on when it could be available.... If you are looking for a similar property...meaning some kind of distress sale like a short sale or foreclosure, I would be happy to assist. I sell many of these types of properties. Thank you.
Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills East
9388 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-273-0670 fax ATT: RJ
RichardKas@gmail.com - http://www.RJforLA.com - DRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
Hi Chris,
I looked up the foreclosure activity on Montana and the address looks to be 11733 Montana Ave #207. The outstanding judgement amount is around $611,000 and was scheduled to go to auction on 12/29/2010 but that often times can be delayed. This unit is not listed on the MLS. I can give you a better idea of what all this means and tell you more about how RealtyTrac works if you are interested. Feel free to call me at 310-709-6807.
--
Scott Walker

310-893-0101 Office
310-709-6807 Cell
310-482-2201 Fax

scottmwalker@gmail.com

2701 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 140
Santa Monica, CA 90405

DRE License #01428946
11733 Montana Ave #207
Los Angeles, CA 90049-4796
Los Angeles County
Auction Info:
Scheduled Sale Date/Auction Date: : 12/29/2010 Auction Time: : 10:30

Hi Chris:
As you can see, the auction date has come and gone. As is common with NOD (notices of default), the lender is often working with the owner to avoid a foreclosure, the path of last resort.
The property is not for sale, either as a retail sale or a short sale. That may mean a modification is in the works, or the foreclosure is still on. If this is a property you are interested in, it will require some work with the title company to monitor the court date.
Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
REALTOR, 00588885, ABR, CDPE, eAgent, CSP, SFR, HRC, CRE
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
http://www.thebremnergroup.com/news/
Hi Chris;
Realty Trac aggregates the notices of default on all types of liens: taxes, trust deeds, homeowners dues, etc. as they are filed. (It is for this reason that you find properties in Beverly Hills listed for $25,000.)
Since Realty Trac is a subscription service, you cannot determine which specific property is being referenced without buying the subscription, and even then, a Notice of Default (NOD) is not a notice of sale.
At some point, the property may or MAY NOT be foreclosed upon, but more often than not, a cure is made, either in the form of a short sale, or a loan modification, etc., before a property goes to foreclosure.
Reading between the lines, if you are looking for a foreclosure property in Brentwood, you need to work with an agent who can help you stay on top of which properties are going to sale. I post the local forclosures through my blog, but I do caution that buying a foreclosure (at the sale on the courthouse steps) can be risky business and is not for everyone. If you want to target a specific type of property in a specific area, I can help you, by giving you the postings, and then watching and waiting with you, by staying on top of the title report. But it can be a LENGTHY process.
The other way to buy a forclosure is AFTER the bank has taken it back, as an REO. These will be listed via the Multiple Listing Service, and will be slightly under market value, as a general rule.

Deborah Bremner
The Bremner Group at Coldwell Banker
(O) 310-571-1364 DIRECT
(D) 818.564.6591
http://www.thebremnergroup.com/news/
Hi Chris,
--
Scott Walker

310-893-0101 Office
310-709-6807 Cell
310-482-2201 Fax

scottmwalker@gmail.com

2701 Ocean Park Blvd., Suite 140
Santa Monica, CA 90405

DRE License #01428946
This is not a notice of default, it is a notice of trustee's sale. You could probably get the information just by signing up for a free trial on realty trac. Otherwise, send me an email and I will tell you what I know.

Brett@bkEstates.com
This is a realty trac notice of default. This property is not actually listed for sale, but rather the owner has been givin a notice of default and the pretty has been scheduled to be sold at a foreclosure auction. This doesn't necessarily mean the property will be sold at auction. Trustee sales get postponed all the time and very often the loan gets payed curreent and the owner is out of default.

If you are interested in buying foreclosure auctions you will need to research this. It's a risky and tricky process but you can obtain properties well under market value.

As a regular home buyer you will want to have the ability to inspect the property, have loan contingencies, appraisal, etc. You won't have these protections at an auction.

Call me anytime and I'll be happy to explain further.

Jeffrey White
Keller Williams Beverly Hills