Property Q&A in Glenside>Question Details

Pamela Abrams, Home Buyer in Glenside, PA

Hi,i would like to know what is required municipal certificates, how does one qualifly for 1st time home buyers and last how much down payment?

Asked by Pamela Abrams, Glenside, PA Sun Sep 30, 2012

This question is about this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:



I know the property well as I pass by it nearly every day and I would love the opportunity to discuss the property with you at length and work you through the process of purchasing your first home.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Joshua Stein, REALTOR®
Coldwell Banker Preferred - Conshohocken
Office:(610) 828-9558 * Cell:(215) 866-8030
Direct:(484) 270-1165 * Fax: (215) 999-5894
PA License #RS317975

If you know anyone who needs help buying, selling or renting in the next 90 days, give me a call so I can help them meet all of their real estate goals.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 1, 2012
Also, the amount of down payment needed will depend on the type of mortgage you're approved for.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 1, 2012
Hello Pamela, my name is Raquel and I am the agent selling the property you inquired about. The municipal certificate is a document issued by the county where the property is located to verify that the property meets certain requirements in order to be sold. Your mortgage company will need this document during the transaction.

There are several first-time homebuyer programs available that will help you with down payment and closing costs. Call me at 215-335-6936 for details. I can help you get approved for a mortgage, and see what assistance program you're eligible for.

I look forward to hearing from you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 1, 2012
Hello Raquel,Thank you so much for anwering my question, i will be a first time home buyer,i was told that i needed at least 6000.00 to get started for FHA and or 1st time home buyers programs and to bring up my credit score. I will keep in touch with you as i strive to reach my goal as a home owner.
Flag Mon Oct 1, 2012
You have very good questions that cannot be answered accurately without a little more information. Please contact me do that I can provide you with best answers to your questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Good morning,

Municipal certifications vary from township to township. You should have your real estate professional give you a list of the requirements for the township where you wish to purchase.

If you have never owned a property, or if you HAVE NOT owned a home for 3 years, you are considered tobe a first time buyer. You can purchase with as little as 3% down, but there are no real give backs like there were a few years ago. If you are a veteran, you can still buy with no down payment.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Carol Cei
ReMax Action Realty
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer