Property Q&A in Happy Valley>Question Details

Fayzeh Alqam, Home Buyer in Happy Valley, OR

Hi, how much is the property tax on this town house ? whom should I contact to show me this town house ?

Asked by Fayzeh Alqam, Happy Valley, OR Sun May 29, 2011

This question is about this property:… target="_blank" rel="nofollow">…

I'm not suggesting LuzMaria, or any other seller's agent, is doing anything unethical to represent a buyer as well as a seller in the same transaction. . .

Buying a home is a very complicated process involving a lot of negotiation between buyer and seller, and I believe any buyer is best represented by an agent whose fiduciary duty is to that buyer alone.

I would like to clarify a couple of things about the taxes and address the response from Dave Sutton. The taxes that the 1st broker quoted ($3034.36 yearly) are correct, for the Milano plan. Again, this was our previous sales model, and was sold October 2010. However, the price point you were inquiring about ($189,950) is a Firenze plan, and is 1430sq.ft The approximate yearly taxes are $2895, for that floor plan. The address for that specific home is 11337 SE Falco St. and is still available to purchase. This home will be completed by September 2011.

To address Dave's response, I do work with the builder and represent the seller in all the transactions at the Volare community. However, my compensation is NEVER a factor in assisting a buyer with honesty and integrity during any transaction I have listed, and, OR sold. Whether homebuyers are represented by an outside broker, or choose to work with me directly, it is solely up to the buyer, and I welcome anyone to view our homes, regardless. You see, in Oregon, and in all other states, Buyers make purchases through Buyer’s agents, through listing agents and directly from the seller as in a “for sale by owner”. You should work with who you feel comfortable with, not who you are told to work with. Because, all buyer’s brokers are not always working in your best interest, no more than all attorneys are.

My Broker has been selling for over 25 years and has never had any issues with the Real Estate division, nor have I, or my company. We treat everyone fairly, honestly and our track record speaks for itself. I encourage you to visit us at Volare to see what our community has to offer and welcome you to talk with any of our homeowners to assist you in appreciating how we are, to work with. For the record, I work on salary and my focus is to have happy homeowners which is only achieved through fair dealings.

Thank you again for your question.

LuzMaria Simmons
Web Reference:
Luzmaria's answer is truthful but incomplete. It's not clear that she is the seller's agent and not representing you in the transaction. Anyone buying real estate should be represented by an agent who is contractually bound to the BUYER, not the seller.

If the District Attorney charges you with a crime, you wouldn't want someone from the DA's office representing you. You'd hire an attorney to be on your side. Same idea with real estate agents, only to continue the analogy the DA's office would pay for your attorney.

That's the way it generally works in real estate. The seller pays the seller's agent a commission (say, 6%), and that agent is contractually bound to split that commission (almost always) 50/50 with the buyer's agent. No cost to the buyer to have professional assistance and representation because the seller pays. Otherwise, you have the DA's attorney on your side of the table.

For a more complete explanation of this issue, please read my blog entry "Work with the On Site Agent to Buy a New Home? Three Reasons Why Not." at
Hello Fayzeh,

Thank you for your question about Volare Town Homes. My name is LuzMaria Simmons. I am a real estate agent for Marnella Communities and I am currently selling the town homes you are inquiring about. This home is a Firenze floor plan. Taxes are $ 2895 yrly. (The address listed above is not correct. That was our previous sales model and has been sold.) Please feel to stop by or contact me @ 11274 SE Falco St. Happy Valley, OR to view our current sales model. We are open Saturday - Wednesday 12pm-5pm.
I would love to have the opportunity to meet with you, and show you this beautiful community!

LuzMaria Simmons
Volare in Happy Valley
Office: 503.496.5141
Cell: 503.317.6778
Web Reference:
The taxes were $3,021 for the 2010-11 tax year, which ends June 30. Taxes will no doubt go up a little for the 2011-12 tax year, which begins July 1. Tax amounts for the coming 2011-12 tax year will be available in October when property tax bills are mailed.

As for seeing the property, any licensed broker with access to the Regional MLS can show you the home if it is currently listed. However, the advertised info on Trulia may be out of date. The only information about this address in the Regional MLS is for a listing where the property sold for $245,000 on 10/22/2010.
Web Reference:
Hi Fayzeh,

According to the listing in our MLS, the property taxes are $3,034.36 for the current year. I would be happy to show you the home if you would like. I am available this weekend or during the week as well. Please feel free to contact me at (503) 522-5803 (my cell) or you can email me at

Good luck with your home search, and let me know if I can assist you in any way.

Take care,

Mandy Lewis
Real Estate Broker
Windermere Realty Group