Property Q&A in Atlanta>Question Details

Ss.thomas, Home Buyer in New York, NY

Hi dies anyone know if there are any mortgage lenders in Atlanta that will lend to non USA citizens. .

Asked by Ss.thomas, New York, NY Sun Aug 12, 2012

I am British and I want to purchase a home in Atlanta Zip Code 30305, 30327, 30342. I have a 35-40% deposit. However I cannot find a lender to loan me the money because of my status. My question is are there lenders who will lend to foreigners

Answers

5
Thank you Rodney for clearing that up. And just to boot, for all you out there, when looking for a lender, go to the people answering your question. Those people do the research, in most cases before answering the question.
If your preferred lender is not answering questions, talk to them first before making a statement that they can do the loan. If they can't do it, you put them in a pickle and it looks bad on the one who did the referring.
To get a traditional mortgage, you must live and work in the US. You must also be classified as either a US Citizen, and Permanent Resident Alien, or a Non-Permanent Resident Alien.

If you do not live and work in the US, then you would be classifed as a Foreign National. Foreign National lending is very scare in today's market.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
Yes, but not traditional lending. The rate is higher, the term is shorter and the fees are higher. The best, best way is to find a US citizen, partner up with him/her and work together to use the citizenship to buy properties. Of course, you really have to trust that person. If you don't have that option, then private money is the way to go.
The zip codes you chose are okay to offer financing.
Minimum down payment is 35%. Fees: 5% to 10% depending on the loan size. No pre-payment penalty. Amortized between 15 to 30 years. Usually balloons in 3-5 years. No income, no employment, no credit check. Must use LLC, Corp or trust to buy. Rate ranges from 7 to 15% depending on he fees you agree to. Our company will assist you on finding a Realtor, Management company, appraiser, inspector, renter or next buyer. It takes about3 weeks to close.
Maybe you can take the 40% and pay cash for a house here in Ga. If you need assistance,
please let me know.

Ruby Parker - Broker
Parkers Reo & Realty Group
404-414-8282
rpb986@yahoo.com
Hi Ss,

Wells Fargo does loans for non residents/non citizens. If can be of further assistance feel free to call me.

Ava Anderson
Solid Source Realty
770 369-5121